Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Global Risk Director, this is a critical role with the overall responsibility of ensuring that Europe and Asia region develops and maintains control in all areas of potential credit and operational risk. The individual will act as the risk expert for the region who advises the EU & Asia CEO and local business MDs accordingly. They will also be part of the broader Global Risk leadership team and will be accountable for remotely managing a small risk team across the region.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Develop and lead the risk management strategy across EU & Asia region that supports the business to embed a risk aware culture and implement policy aligned to business strategy.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory obligations across the markets, whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk based challenges and offer appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that all risk monitoring and reporting obligations across the region are produced in accordance to their requirements.
- To monitor and report on material risks within the EU & Asia client portfolio and to negotiate with the relevant MDs, Head of Operations and Heads of Risk where appropriate, a course of action to ensure acceptable levels of risk are maintained.
- To monitor and report on material Operational risks within the EU & Asia region and to ensure that an appropriate course of action is agreed
- Actively contribute to the Europe & Asia Senior Management team representing Risk. Member of Europe & Asia ExCo and Board.
- Lead, develop the EU & Asia Risk team and coach the local business MDs to maximize effectiveness.
- To keep abreast of external changes to legislative environment across the market that may affect the business and risk protocols.
- To assist in the preparation of accurate bad debt provisioning information across Europe via access to both Executive Management and direct links into respective operating systems.
- To ensure the Operating Businesses, Functions and Region are identifying risks and that they are mitigating and managing the risks appropriately
Overview of the person
- This is a senior role that requires someone who has successfully proven that they have driven engagement and accountability of international risk frameworks. The individual must be able to build relationships, be flexible in their approach and effectively communicate with different stakeholders across different cultures.
Key knowledge and experience
- Experience - Extensive risk & client service experience at a senior Level
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing risk programmes and exit strategies.
- Skills– Attention to detail, advanced account management, accounts interpretation, ability to build relationships at all levels, team Management
- Qualifications – Banking, Factoring and Risk Management
- Qualifications– Customer Service, Banking, UK Finance
- Language – Another European language
Are you ready for your next ambitious challenge?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you! Please send your application to https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=69743&company=bibby&username